2/1/14

Matching Shirts for Newlyweds

As you may already know, my hubby and I just got married and for the morning that we left on our honeymoon I made us these beauties. I had originally went on etsy to see if I could just purchase them but for newlyweds (or just about to be newlyweds) on a budget the prices seemed a bit outrageous. Therefore I quickly decided to make myself some. These were made with a puffy fabric paint bottle freehand by yours truly but I have created a free template (here) for your enjoyment. Make for yourself or for the newlyweds in your life. Maids of honor? This is the perfect gift for your bride!
Now, there are two ways to make it. You can either use puffy paint like I did, or use these sheets here. I will include step by step for both below.
{What you will need}
Puffy Paint (or Transfer Sheets)
2 T-shirts
Exacto Knife or any straight edge paper cutter (I like Exacto's)
Cutting mat
Washable Marker
(For the transfer sheets you will also need an iron)
{Puffy Paint}
Step 1. Print out template
Step 2. Place your template on your cutting mat
Step 3. Use an Exacto knife to cut the image out
*this will be the tricky part because you will need to cut out exactly what you want- meaning letter by letter on the very edge
Step 4. Arrange letters on the shirt however you would like them to appear
Step 5. Now trace them with the marker
Step 6. This will be the fun part,  remove the template and you will have all your image before you, now trace over the marker with your puffy paint (choosing whether to fill it in or just leaving the outline) (to fill it in, I poured the puffy paint onto a paper plate and used a nylon paint brush)
Step 7. Let dry overnight
Step 8. Stick in the washer and hang dry
Step 9. Wear and flaunt your art
{Now With the Transfer Sheets}
Step 1 through 4. See above


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog