3/12/14

{Post Update}

Here's a little post update: So, as I told you here, it was my sister's birthday and I made her cake for her day. I just wanted to share with you my personal experience with making my first Ombre cake, as I am NOT a baker, whatsoever, and am in no way making the statement that I am. This was VERY difficult for me, but being the resourceful person that I am {or that I try to be} I tried to simplify {as much as possible} what seemed like an impossible fete. Here's how...

First: I gathered some simple tools, and ingredients to make my life easier.
(1}Good old-fashioned PAM {2}Yellow Cake Mix {3}Bake Pan {4}Measuring Cups and lastly not shown here {5}Food Coloring

So first thing I did was make the cake mix {just followed the directions on the box}. I then equally separated the cake mix into different bowls and added food coloring to each bowl. To create the ombre look I added no food coloring to the first bowl, then one dab of red food coloring to the second bowl, to the third I added two dabs of red food coloring and 1 dab of neon pink food coloring, and then the last I added 3 dabs of neon pink food coloring. {needless to say it was VERY messy}

     

Then it was time to bake. I sprayed the bake pan with {A LOT of} PAM in order to make sure that it wouldn't get stuck. 


{Not so pretty, but}I quickly started layering all the mini cakes, and put white vanilla frosting in between each layer. Make sure to not leave the cake in the oven too long because since it is so little cake mix, it cooks very fast. I put more frosting towards the outer rim of each layer, so that the finished product would look even and pretty! haha. Take a look for yourself. What do you think?

    

It was delicious too!

XOXO, Crystal                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog