1/13/15

Egg-ceptional Love

Hi readers! So here is a miss I just have to report. Hoping that someone somewhere can give me some pointers and make my life easier.

Getting married at the end of 2013, I thought I knew love... but now I know that no one knows love until you peel a dozen hard-boiled eggs for someone. That, my friends, is true love, and I say this, red sore fingers and all.

So my husband and I decided to jump on the New Year's Resolution Bandwagon and start a diet. I read somewhere that any day is a good day to start. So as you are reading this, and rolling your eyes, keep in mind that everyone started somewhere. And frankly I have just gotten too heavy to keep on this way, so I have no choice. [side note: I have gained 30 pounds since I got married a year ago!]

In my defense I am a teacher and there is only so many times I can say no to my kids shoving brownies, cupcakes, lollipops, cookies, chips, soda, pizza [and you know the rest] in my face!

So anyway back to my diet. So we started this new thing called Carb Cycling. I mean maybe it's not new, but it is new to me. And to be honest, this carb cycling thing seems like it may work. I found all the information in Chris Powell's book [which you can check out here]. It involves a dummy proof meal plan and exercise guide.

On this diet, you have to eat a lot of protein, in different forms, but protein nonetheless. This being said, my husband has chosen to eat hard-boiled eggs for breakfast. Now, I can hear what you are all thinking, "have him do it himself!" but being the newlywed that I am, these are the sort of things I still want to do for my hubby. Especially if it will help him diet.

So... sorry about the picture quality but I had to post this right away and get some input from all of you. This is what I do... I first boil my eggs. I know we all have different methods, but here is how I do it. I fill my big pot with water, adding a little salt and oil, and then I set it to boil. Once boiling, I put my eggs in for about 6 minutes. I take them out and they are done. Seems easy enough, right? Yes! That is the easy part! 

However... then, I have to peel them. And as you can see, I am not that good at this part! 

What am I doing wrong? Please I need pointers!

Thank you all in advance for your pointers, and emails. My fingers are greatly appreciative!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog