5/20/14

My Latest Creation

Hi readers!

Moving into our new home,  has been so exciting. So many new crafty possibilities.
Ladies, is your hubby very forgetful or when you tell him about upcoming plans, he makes pretend that he has no idea what you're talking about?  Lol. Well... if you answered to both of those questions, Congratulations! My husband always forgets about upcoming plans. I always find myself reminding him of things or figuring out how to be at two places at the same time because of overbooking. Haha. You know... he likes to keep it interesting. Lol!

So I had this chalkboard lying around from the wedding. Below is what it looked like for the day of my wedding:



I knew I wanted to put it up somewhere in my house and the last time we had to find out how to be at a baby shower and a family lunch at the same time, my light bulb turned on. I thought to myself,  "duh! Calendar!" So I turned it into a weekly calendar and put it up across from the fridge. You know... one of his favorite places in the house. And let me tell you, it has worked wonders. He now knows the weekly schedule before hand. My work schedule,  our upcoming events,  even trash and recycle day... It's all there! 



I first used a chalk marker so I could erase if I messed up {a lot of the letters I do, are COMPLETELY freehand} which lends for sometimes some minor mistakes even though I will never really admit it lol. Once I was content with the artwork, I covered it with a white paint pen. This means I can wet erase it and only the chalk will come off and not the stuff I want to stay.
{Those of you worried that you will ruin a perfectly good chalkboard: don't worry, you can always just repaint it. Watch for upcoming blogs}
Happy Home Making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog